Thursday, August 19, 2010

Advice on how to keep a long distance relationship?

firstly I am in a long distance relationship. Secondly I appear to have jealousy issues with his friends for getting to spend all the time, i know we'd spend together if we had the same chance. I keep wondering if I should just cut it off. He calls once in awhile and sometimes he forgets. I have an urge to call all the time and an immense curiosity of what he is doing? That when he calls it feels like its not good enough to satisfy the immense curiosity... or that he does not care the way I do. Is this salvageable. Is there any advice to make this relationship work?Advice on how to keep a long distance relationship?
Maybe you should just talk to him some more about it. I'm sure he doesn't see what you see since you are probably forming somewhat separate lives. Just plan out some time just for you and him and stick to it.





If he understands then it is worth the try, if he doesn't agree with you on a set time, or he can't keep to it then leave him.





Just make sure to tell him if something is bothering you, so he can understand. Guys dislike being left in the dark, and miscommunication is a serious problem in relationships sometimes, especially long distance ones.





Goodluck cutey :)Advice on how to keep a long distance relationship?
I was in a long distance relationship for 10 years and it worked out fine. Just remember that if your constantly thinking about what he's doing you'll drive yourself crazy. If you constantly call him, you'll drive him crazy. If there's no trust forget about it. If he ';forgets'; to call you, forget about it. Give the phone a rest, if he cares, he'll be trying to track you down, not the other way around. Lastly, get some Self-esteem it sounds like you need it.
I was in a long distance relationship for four years and unfortunately it doesn't get any easier! The fact is (as much as I hate to have to say it) long distance relationships are hard work and you have to weigh up the good points with the bad points to realise whether it works out. Don't call him too much because eventually it will drive him away and just remember, he's probably feeling as frustrated as you are! Good luck.
Long distance relationships can be hard at times... If you really like him, or love him, do not cut it off. Try to make the relationship work by asking him to call sometimes, or asking him if you can call him, and ask him what he's up to, what he's thinking about, etc.


Hopefully that helped.
That he doesn't make the same effort as you, is a sign that the relationship doesn't mean much to him. So in this case it doesn't matter, if you call write get in any sort of contact frequently. He sees it as a bother. Nope it can't be saved. You already notice and feel you care more than he does. I would suggest getting a boyfriend, that is willing to make the same efforts as you.
im currently in a long distance relationship and i feel the same i thought something was happenin between him and his friend but then i spoke to him and i got him to tell me everything his friends said and now i trust him completely have you tried speaking to him? if you haven't try it because it helps and you feel better afterwards
Long distance relationships are difficult. I think it's almost impossible for there not to be jealousy and curiosity. The most important thing you can do is be honest and communicate how you are feeling. If he doesn't know, then he won't change.
In a long distance relationship, all you can do is talk on the phone, email, instane message, etc. so you should call him more. If he has a problem then the relationship shouldn't work.
oooh im in a long distance one 2. and i just go with da flow. he calls he calls he doesn't he doesn't end of story. i love him but im not gonna bug him or distrust him cuz i take dis as a real face 2 face relationship
Web cam!!!!








answer mine please





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=An0YP8tuRqvpwMowflLt05fsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090428174508AALu1hB
You need to trust him to have this work. You should arrange a time with him to always connect and spend time together. Not just whenever. Tell him you need this time.
long distance relationship does not last so just brake up with him
don't do it it wont work!
Dump his asssss
Take time to think and then do the thing that you feel good with. I wish for the best!
if you don't trust him then it wont work
Wow! I've been in a long distance relationship for almost ten months now and I can tell you its HARRRRRRD! First, you have to be able to set aside time for each other. Maybe make a schedule. Second, the jealousy thing has to go. If you are always worrying about what he might do and not trusting him then I can tell you straight up its not going to work. The best thing for a long distance relationship is the internet. Webcams and msn chat. Things like that will really help. Especially when you wonder what he is up to.


And if you really think he doesn't care enough or it's not going to work until/if he comes back, I recommend not doing it. Long distance takes immense patience and coping. Its tough.


Good luck.
I was in a long distance relationship too, the way I made I it work was constantly talking. Maybe not necessarily calling each othe rall day, but texting or myspace or emailing each other, also even with all the constant communication we still found it hard and stressful because we couldn't see each other but we were willing to try and work through it all. So it is salvagabe if you are both willing to work it out. The jelousy thing is understandable, you never get to see him which makes things alot more difficult. But if you can work on your communication skills with each other more things should start getting better.
Make sure you know what time zone the other person is in. Set up a clock in your house on their time zone. Knowing their schedule reduces the chance of you telephoning them at 2:00 a.m. when you think it's mid afternoon.





Ensure you have a long distance calling plan. The fact that you can dial internationally doesn't mean you have a long distance calling plan. Without a calling plan you first month's telephone bill could be more than your mortgage.





Set up a regular time when one person calls the other. Work this time around other commitments so that neither of you is rushing home to receive a phone call. Recognize too that there may be times when they are unable to call, or you may not be able to receive the call. Don't take this as a sign of disinterest, realize that sometimes life interferes with schedules.





Know who to contact in the event of an emergency, and inform them of who will contact them if you befall an emergency. Exchange next of kin or parents contact details not for social chat, but in the event of unforeseen circumstances.





Purchase a web cam. Talking on the phone, letters and email are all fine but a web cam allows you to have that ';real time'; interaction.





Spend as much time planning your holidays and time together, as you do your time apart. A long distance relationship is no reason for either of you to put a hold on everything else that you do. Ensure you do not cut yourself off from the real world, racing home to spend all your free time on your long distance relationship.





Virtual dates can keep the magic alive until you are together. The Internet allows users to tour world class museums together, visits sites and interact. Scheduling dates for important events can include having the same meal together, birthday events and watching the same television show.
I myself am in a long distance relationship too. Let me give you my best advice. I was in a 5 yr relationship with a guy that lived 8 miles from me. It didn't work. Unlike me, my ex was like your bf. Always out with buddies and forgot to call me and not very attentive and affectionate. I myself am very attentive and affectionate. I'm a huge jealous freak. So his personality and his character definitely didn't match mine. I tried changing for him but it didn't work because I wasn't happy with my ';new self';.





Now in my new long distance relationship we have been together for 5 months. He is going to visit me for the first time. He lives in Florida and I live in Chicago, and this relationship is going way better than my previous relationship. Why? Because my new bf satisfies and understands my needs. Such as...he is very attentive, calls me no less than 4 times a day, yes we argue but who doesnt? He calls me every night and hardly goes out with friends.





My advice to you is, don't go through with this relationship. If it is already on a rocky road it can't be fixed. You need to find someone who meets your personality someone who shares your same fears, care and needs in a relationship. Yes you may have TONS of things in common but most important is that both of you require same attention. There's a lot of fish in the sea and when you least expect it you will find your half.





I personally never thought I would find someone as myself, very jealous and high demand with wanting to hear from my bf every minute of the day...and there's a little of everything out there. If you are the way you are there's someone just like that as well. Everyone has a soul mate, other half, twin etc...whatever you want to call it. You just gotta find someone that needs and has your same requirements to have a stable and serious relationship....





your current boyfriend doesn't sound like it's something that will last, its better to face the facts now than play fool and face them later when they hurt the most.
If you are the jealous type then a long distance relationship won't work for you unless it's temporary (like he's taking care of his mother while she's dying but he'll come back).





Schedule talk time with him. I suggest you both get a web cam (you can mail him one as a gift) and then both download skype (it's free) or some other video chat service. That way you can see what he looks like on any particular day, which is what you're missing by being so far apart. Do you two like texting? Y'all can text your thoughts throughout the day, ';I just saw this guy that looked just like that awful waiter from ......'; or ';I miss seeing the smile you always had after we kissed.'; or whatever.





Have a heart to heart with him to see what he thinks about this long distance thing. Does he think it's worth it?





Good luck.
I am in a long distance relationship and I know what you mean. I'm always the one to email, call, etc. I drive to see him once a week but he rarely comes to see me or contact me. I feel like I do all of the work but he assures me he feels the same about me but just isn't nearly as clingy as me. I laugh because I am far from clingy.





I think you really need to decide if you are okay with things the way they are. If you are then great but if you know it will continue to bother you, I would suggest breaking up. He most likely is just fine with the occasional contact but you want and need more.
  • good makeup
  • printer cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment