Thursday, August 19, 2010

How to survive in a long distance relationship? Good advices?

I am so into my boyfriend but we just started out this long distance relationship as he had to do an intern in Dubai.We were living together till he had to make the move for awhile .I went to Dubai to visit him for a month and got back a month ago.I miss him terribly! All I wanna do is call him and text him and if he does not text me first thing he gets up i get upset.I have not been myself and this is not who i want to be.He know the real me and it's a confident and independant women.Now eversince the long distance i think about what he's doing.My ex hurt me really bad so it bothers me .And I try not to get so bothered.I know my boyfriend is trustworthy but still I let the past bother me.How do I improve the relationship and make our long distance a happier one?I want him to be the one that misses me more. How do we fire it up?And what are the ways to tolerate the distance?How to survive in a long distance relationship? Good advices?
You have a couple of issues here: you are afraid of being abandoned like in a past relationship, you have trust issues and you want to know logistics of keeping a long distance relationship alive.


First, you need to deal with your insecurities about abandonment and trust. To do that, you need to talk with him about it and feel reassured. As others have said, there are ways of keeping frequent communication through the computer (web cams work really well too as well as the yahoo instant messenger with voice)...but don't overlook the most simple method...handwritten love letters.





A love letter is very special because you can bring it with you anywhere. You can read it over and over again. Being handwritten has a personal element too...it shows you care. If you can both agree to send each other a love letter once in a while that will also help as reassurance.How to survive in a long distance relationship? Good advices?
I think all you really need to do is remember how you feel about each other. Distance can be hard but if you begin to think he is just like your last boyfriend then you will wind up creating something that isn't. Just remember no matter what he is not your ex. Do not make him out to be him.
You could talk to each other and do web cam on messenger, so you could see each other. You could also send or text pictures of yourselves to each other to see each other. Call each other more. Count down the days till you get to see each other again. I hope some of this helps.
I was in the military for a while so I know about long distance relationships. Complicated and hard work are the few adjectives that come to mind! I think your general insecurity is what is bothering you. That is about you and not your relationship or boyfriend. Find out what the core of that is and work on that.





As far as the long distance thing goes their is a saying - distance makes the heart grow founder. I would say that is true at first in most long distance relationships, but then it usually turns into the saying ';out of sight, out of mind';.





Best luck- make sure you understand it is going to be a challenge that both of you have to be comfortable with overcoming.
  • good makeup
  • bridal makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment